Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a GoPro Hero3 today and was wanting to get some info from the folks that have been using them such as what resolution and FPS. Also curious as to what editing software everyone is using and how well you like it.

Thanks, Greg

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Morning Greg!

I started using gopro software and seems to do what I want.

I use 720. Files are still huge but a bet smaller with nearly no difference in quality at least on my puter. ;)

CW

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have the older GoPro Hd hero. I use it mostly in 720 mode, because the frame rate is 60 fps at that setting. And does a decent job at slow motion stuff. I know the Hero 3 black goes up to 120 fps...! I don't worry about file size, the batteries last around 4 hrs, I have 2 batteries. And I have a 32 gig card, I herd the Hero 3 can house a 64 meg card! With the 32 meg card I never come close to filling it up. Maybe if you were on a long trip, and recharged batteries each night, but then you could just invest in a 2nd card.

As far as editing s/ware, I was using Windows Live Movie Maker. It is real user friendly and does a decent job, but crashes a lot! So after awhile of that I invested in a Mac-book pro. And with the mac I use iMovie, it is pretty sweet if you ask me. And so far has never crashed on me! And iMovie 11 has a feature for making movie trailers, fast & easy to do. Here's a trailer to give you a idea, but it's blurry because my lens was pretty scuffed up and needing replaced.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! if anyone else has any input on settings, software, mounting, etc I would love to hear it.

·
Registered
399 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Have a GoPro H3 Black Edition and normally shoot 1080P 60 FPS. Software wise I use Final Cut Pro X on the MacBook Pro. So far, so good!

That's what it looks like! This is one of my newer videos.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks guys! if anyone else has any input on settings, software, mounting, etc I would love to hear it.
Check out skydiving helmet mounts, lower-profile, better mounting and better materials. I use one made by a company called Cookie that's aluminum and uses optional nylon bolts for mounting so it breaks away in heavy brush or low-hanging trees. Of course... I also keep it tethered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts