Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, first I just wanted to say thanks for all the helpful info I've received from this site before I even joined! Just purchased an '04 1/2? sportsman 500ho 50th anniversary edition from my friend. Spent the last 2 days wiring and installing a new warn pro 2500lb winch and 60" plow. What a treat that was. Two wrong winch mounts later and some cuts and lots of swearing, its ready to rock! Lol Anyway, after snowblowing 600+ ft of driveway for years I was excited to try it out and retire the snowblower! I hit my first snow bank and moved it about an inch before I lost traction. Come to find out my awd is not working. Anyway, with the help of previous posts on this forum I've narrowed it down but I'll post my questions in the proper forum. Sorry for the long intro, but it's been quite the learning experience over the last two days!

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Welcome! Glad to hear you checked out a few previous threads instead of just asking without doing some research. ALOT of people join and just post their question without using the search function.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I think I've found the problem but not quite sure how to proceed. I posted in the maint. section

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Welcome to the gang.... :cowboy:

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome guys! This is my first atv so I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions. Lol. I do all my own work on my snowmobiles and motorcycles so I have lots to learn about this one. I don't think it's seen a day of maintenance in its life. Just wish I had heat in my garage right now. Haha

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Hello & Welcome Minnesotan neighbor! :wave:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts