Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excited to be here! I've been lurking for a while. I enjoy working on cars, but don't have time/cash for a full car redo, so I thought... why not redo an ATV.

I probably still bit off more than I can chew... but I'm up for a challenge. It's a '95 Polaris Xplorer 400L. It ran until it was parked for a while. The owner went to pull the cord and the engine was solid.

After ripping the engine apart, several of the crank bearings were seized. The cylinder is in good shape. But I'll probably go 10 over since it's apart. It's at the machine shop now. I'll know more about the crank one I press those bearings off.

In the mean time, I just finished taking everything off of the frame. It's now bare except for the front axle chain tensioner... I cannot get that thing out. I'll work on it again tomorrow.

Excited to be here and I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of rookie questions soon enough! (Don't worry, my Haynes manual arrives tomorrow.)

Oz

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
And welcome to the board!

·
Registered
221 Posts
That sounds awesome Oz. Good luck with your project and welcome! There are plenty of people here to help you with anything you need.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you! In my brief perusing, I can see there is a huge volume of knowledge. I'm so lucky to have found this forum.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome to the site and good luck with your motor rebuild.

·
Registered
441 Posts
howdy n good luck on your project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts