Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my first Sportsman for 6 months. Just got one for the wife. Just completed the service on both to get ready for the season. We boat in the summer down here and ride in the winter. Took me a while to find this board, like it. Been searching for info on engine oil. Got it figured out. Big do it yourself guy. Have 2 500 HO makes service a snap. Look forward to learning/sharing with you folks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome aboard! I am trying to do the same thing. We just bought a 500 Sportsman HO. My wife loves to ride it in the yard, so I am looking for another one just for her! I spent a lot of time today taking the plastic covers, rear rack, foot wells, rear fender, rear storage boxes off just for a little clean up and a look see. I found one of the winch power cables pinched bad between the seat and the frame. I repaired this then re routed it. I cleaned a lot of the caked mud and muck from the previous owner out of the machine with brushes and compressed air, soap and water. Armor all all of the plastic and put it back together! Had a blast doing it. Learned a lot of stuff about our machine!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Hello & welcome!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Welcome!! Are you gonna bring it down to the Redneck Yacht Club next month for Trucks Gone Wild??

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
When is it?

·
Registered
168 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Looks like a good time!! Might end up going. Been wanting to check out Triple
Canopy Ranch & Dirty Foot Adventures too. Dirty Foot is fixin to open back up. Hopefully cool off here soon so sleeping in a tent will be do-able!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts