Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone new here and in Medicine Hat Alberta.

Just picked myself up a predator 500 in need of some TLC but with a solid motor and gearbox. I'm thinking is an 04 even tho the guy told me it was an 05. (it doesn't have reverse)

It came with some nice alloy rims but the previous owner broke a hub so I'm waiting on a new pair with the 4X110 pattern. The ones on em are a wider bolt pattern and one of the rims are pretty bent up.

The alloys are pretty nice but one has slightly reamed out bolt holes, hoping I can get them to mount good with some new hubs.

The front suspension has a couple loose bushings, and the tie rods ends are all getting changed (2 are Very loose)

I'm also doing all 4 ball joints while I'm in there and thinking it'll be worth doing the wheel bearings too. Sounds like a tapered bearing conversion is the way to go here.

good thing I got this thing cheap, parts are gonna add up but everything I've found in need of attention is relatively simple labor wise.

Looking forward to doing some riding with my brother and his modded up Raptor 700R (big bore, fuel controller, race pipes, intake and re gearing.)

·
Registered
630 Posts
welcome.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Let us know how it goes, it's always fun to see projects that work out on here!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys,

I already ordered all new bushings, balljoints and tie rod ends for it. Probably start pulling the front end apart this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts