Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Texas! Hoping to get back in the saddle by next month after selling my 425 Xpedition in '03. I'm about 99% settled on an 850 XP right now.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I hope you get one.Its a good time of the year to start riding again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome to the site. I test-rode an 850 XP last weekend. It has to be one of the best ones I have ever ridden. I am considering getting rid of the sport atv and getting another 4wd to go with the RZR. They are just a little out of my price range right now. I want to stick with the twin cylinder so I think I have decided on a Sportsman 800. I can get one new, out the door for around 1700 -2000 less than the 850.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm afraid I'll like the RZR too much so I have not bothered test driving one. The best price I've found for an 850 XP EPS is $8600 out the door in Oklahoma and thats minus sales tax. A few Texas dealers say they will match. I have been surprised by the response I get from some Polaris dealers on the 850. 2 have told me they won't carry them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The RZR is a blast. It is more for the wife, but I still have lots of fun with it. Why did the dealers tell you they wont be carrying the 850's

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They didn't really give a good reason. One is my local dealer and they are less than customer friendly. Very pushy "used car salesman" atmosphere. They really don't know much about the products they carry but it sure doesn't stop them from pressing you about leaving a deposit on something. A direct quote from the sales manager when I asked about the 850 was "Nope, it cost $10k and I don't even stock them." Then he looked at me like like I was taking up his precious time. The other dealership told me they don't carry the 850 because they aren't on Polaris' good side. Whatever that means.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have been to a dealer with really pushy salesmen before, I wont ever go back. Around here the 850's and 550's are flying out of the dealership. I guess If I were running a dealership I wouldn't worry how much they cost if people were wanting them and willing to pay for them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts