Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here. Trying to thin the atv herd some as I recently purchased a 2010 Ranger 800 xp. I have a 2002 Sportsman 700 that the cooling fan would not work. Jumped out fan and it works. Tested fan switch in radiator and would only close 30-40 degrees higher, sometimes even higher than that. Ordered fan switch and stat. Old stat was original and had one weep hole, replacement had two. Not sure how to position in housing.Supposed to be correct stat for model year. Anyone know if this stat can be used. Thanks for any info. Dennis.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys. I installed stat with holes at 12 & 6 o'clock. I was able to bleed system without too much trouble. Only other alternative would be positioning stat at 3 & 9 o'clock. I have searched the web extensively and cannot find a defenitive answer. It may not make any difference, the original was one weep hole at top of housing. I guess with the fan now working as it should I need to run it and see if it runs hot. Not that big a deal time wise to position in different orientation if I find out that my positioning is wrong. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts