Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my new 2009 polaris 850 xp. I'm very happy with it so far. Took it out for the first time after the break in period this past weekend for some hard ridin. I ended up with two flat tires and my check engine light on and she's missing a little. Most people would say this was a bad day, to me it means we rode hard and I got to see what the 850 was made of. It's still bone stock and I'm preparing for a lot of upgrades (tires first lol). I look forward to getting all the input I can about my project on this forum. Thanks and talk to you soon.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
haha im glad your upbeat about it....what tires are you thinking? if there are any question just post it up....and welcome

·
Registered
205 Posts
Go XP's, Did you miss the Ball joint recal?

·
Registered
667 Posts
tires are the first thing the 850xp needs. stock carlisle are crap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a toss up right now between Big Horns and TerraCrosses

·
Registered
176 Posts
stock arent verry good

Welcome, Ya the stock tires arent verry good. I might get mudlight xtrs well see.... my 550 sounds rough when rumning too. always has. the dealer said it was normal?

·
Registered
86 Posts
i went with the xtr radials. and they are awesome!! they made a new 4 wheeler out of it!! its like I'm not even riding the same 4 Wheeler. before when id turn on hard packed dirt or concrete it took everything i had but, now its a breeze. definitely get the radials. they are worth the extra money, well IMO! lol Also im not getting stuck anymore!!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
wow

i went with the xtr radials. and they are awesome!! they made a new 4 wheeler out of it!! its like I'm not even riding the same 4 Wheeler. before when id turn on hard packed dirt or concrete it took everything i had but, now its a breeze. definitely get the radials. they are worth the extra money, well IMO! lol Also im not getting stuck anymore!!!!
Hey wow n2mudn! maybe i will go with the xtrs! lol

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
And welcome to the board!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts