Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys? Just ordered a 2014 sportsman 850xp eps le yesterday. I'll be picking it up Thursday or Friday this week. I live in the coal region central pa. This will be my first utility quad. Had lots of other quads and dirt bikes. The polaris will be parked next to my 1990 lt500r quadzilla. It was a hard decision for me between sportsman and a rzr xp. I went with sportsman because I don't have a trailer and I feel as though you can do more on the sportsman than the rzr. I am gonna keep it stock for the 6month warranty, than I think I am going to put a 2" lift on it 28" tires and a clutch kit. A snorkel kit maybe. I was never a puddle smasher or a mudpit guy but than again I never had the machine that was capable of it. It will be used mostly as a weekend warrior with a few booze cruises and some hunting and snow plowing. I was creeping a little before I signed up for this site and I think I got the basics down. For break in variable throttle. No wide open. And grease the hell out of the fittings. Die electric grease on the connections.I'll post some pictures of the new arrival as soon as it's home. Any more advice I'm open ears.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Welcome to the best ride of your life!!!!

Sounds like you have some big plans for the quad. I ride up at Trevorton and Saint Clair all the time. Maybe I'll see ya out there!!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum officially :shakehands:

Sounds like your lurking has been lucrative and you're on the right track. One suggestion I have is to forgo on the lift. You won't need it to run 28's and they tend to lead to axle issues. If you decide to make it a mudder down the road, well then snork it, add some gorilla axles, get a 6" raked with some outlaws and give it hell :saevil:

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Smoothbassman I live in pottsville. I ride there and duncott mostly. Have ya ever seen the Robby Gordon edition rzr 4 with an orange artic cat 1000 utv. That's my step dad and his buddies. You'll have to let me know next time your heading up. Think we are gonna head up kettle creek when the weather gets decent. Ever go up state?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Thanks guys. Smoothbassman I live in pottsville. I ride there and duncott mostly. Have ya ever seen the Robby Gordon edition rzr 4 with an orange artic cat 1000 utv. That's my step dad and his buddies. You'll have to let me know next time your heading up. Think we are gonna head up kettle creek when the weather gets decent. Ever go up state?

Yeah. I been riding all over in PA.

Last year was an off year for me. Too many things going on at the same time!! Only rode 500 or so miles.

Shooting for at least 1000 Miles this year. I did 1500 in 2011-2012

1 - 6 of 6 Posts