Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got a serious dilema about my 99 500 sportsman maybe u folks can help, the speedometer no longer lights up or shows speed, rt before it stopped it worked a little showing wrong speed, it's only got 40 hrs on it, garage kept no abuse, all wiring looks good, any input?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Remove connector from the back of the speed check both connections and make sure they are clean. Make sure there are no loose wires in the plug connection and maybe this will fix it. You will probably have to replace the speedo as I have seen a number of these fail even if they are taken care of. If the speedo still activates your 4 wheel drive do not throw it away as it can be used as a test tool if you ever have problems with the 4 wheel drive. Good Luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I being a pain to u all but another fix it question. Handle bars are off not aligned to get wheels, any quick ideas to re align??

·
Registered
221 Posts
Well I'm sorry to say I can't help with your alignment problem as I've never messed with any of that but just so you know we're all here to help you. You're not bugging us with these questions because we want to help you and hopefully this thread will help someone else in the future as well. But good luck with the alignment and I hope you get it fixed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey thanks for the comment. I see u have the 850! I looking to upgrade to that model. How u like it? My 500 is great except for these little up keeps.

·
Registered
221 Posts
So far great!!! I've only had it for about 3 months but it's awesome. Fun to ride, very easy to ride and all the power is sweet! I got mine with power steering which makes it even easier to ride but lots of people say it's just as easy without it so if you look to upgrade check that out, it might save you a little money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts