Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

So I've heard great things about the Liquid Image Ego!

So, I am going to give it a whirl and use it along side my GoPro2...

Waiting on my GoPro3 to come in as well... A buddy of mine is letting me demo one for a few weeks before I buy it!

Check out the Ego!

Model 727 - The Ego + WiFi - Red by Liquid Image | Liquid Image Co.

Kazoo

·
Registered
307 Posts
That looks cool. Have you tried the Contour and the new one by Sony? Of course all of these come out after I get the GoProHD

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Contour not a fan and not sure about the new Sony one?? Any links??

·
Registered
307 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Contour not a fan and not sure about the new Sony one?? Any links??
Contour sucks. Broken mine the first week I had it. I'm still using my original GoPro I got like 3 years ago.
I have had my contour for 2 years now, I use it as a helmet camera for airsoft and cycling. It has taken hits from BBs, door frames, trees, etc. Not even a scratch on it. Great video quality, the sound is not spectacular, but I have yet to see any action camera have spectacular sound quality.
I can't wait to get some footage while riding my new bike.

·
Registered
307 Posts
The thing that I don't like about the GoPro is that stupid rattle noise that it makes and I don't know where it is coming from. The battery life does not seem very long either and I have the dual battery setup. While out camping I try to recharge the batteries by plugging it into the Polaris and even charging it all night long is not enough for a full charge.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sony, yeah not so much, TOO BIG =)

·
Registered
307 Posts
In person it is about the size of 2 contours. the new GoPro3 is supposed to be smaller than the 2HD. Plus it has wifi. I paid extra for the wifi accessory and it cant be used with the extra battery pack- it's one or the other not both.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have all the accessories as well Two, I love my GoPro, just interested in how this little EGO works!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have a pair of Liquid Image Impact goggles. They're pretty nice, although their customer service is shit. The elastic strap broke on the first use; one of the sewn seams came unraveled. I emailed their support address and laid out what happened and never got a response. So, I just sewed the strap back together myself and kept on rockin'.

I'm anxious to read how you like the ego. My friend has a GoPro Hero 2 "Motorsports" Edition and, when playing back video between our two cameras side by side, it's not difficult to see that the GoPro is the better camera. (Although the image quality of the Impact video is pretty good) However, I like the point of view the Liquid Image goggles provide. Plus, no worrying about how and where to mount it.

All that being said, I might get myself a new GoPro3 Black as a krimmus present to myself. It's just too cool of a gadget.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that my goggles are 720p.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We'll see how this little bugger works!!! If I don't like it I will just sell it... No biggie!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I have a pair of Liquid Image Impact goggles. They're pretty nice, although their customer service is shit. The elastic strap broke on the first use; one of the sewn seams came unraveled. I emailed their support address and laid out what happened and never got a response. So, I just sewed the strap back together myself and kept on rockin'.

I'm anxious to read how you like the ego. My friend has a GoPro Hero 2 "Motorsports" Edition and, when playing back video between our two cameras side by side, it's not difficult to see that the GoPro is the better camera. (Although the image quality of the Impact video is pretty good) However, I like the point of view the Liquid Image goggles provide. Plus, no worrying about how and where to mount it.

All that being said, I might get myself a new GoPro3 Black as a krimmus present to myself. It's just too cool of a gadget.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that my goggles are 720p.
Strange how CS treated you.. We have 2 pairs of the HD underwater goggles for snorkeling in the Caribbean and they work amazing.
My experience with Customer service was fantastic.

I had a few to many rum punches one day and broke a plastic bracket on the goggle, Whene we got home I called them and they sent me 3 new ones so if were on Vacation some where I'll have an extras

very happy with there products......

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good to see contrasting opinions on CS for sure!!! Maybe a one off experience..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts