Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for info or pics. Looking to install some HD springs on my 2012 500. I have epi clutch kit and upgradeD wheels am tires that gave me a little lift when I installed them. I guess my question is will new springs add more of a lift that I will have to upgrade other parts or put stress on other stock parts. Any help appreciated thanks

·
Premium Member
9,942 Posts
The HD springs don't give you a lift technically they will take out the sag that the softer OEMs have. They're a great upgrade. EPI and Highlifter make HD springs.

·
Registered
243 Posts
HD springs aren't going to lift you up enough to be the cause of breaking parts.
Throwing some big, heavy tires on the machine and churning thru mud holes will certainly raise your chances of snapping an axle.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
HD springs aren't going to lift you up enough to be the cause of breaking parts.
Throwing some big, heavy tires on the machine and churning thru mud holes will certainly raise your chances of snapping an axle.
Mike mine was maybe 10” before Highlifter HD springs, look at picture above, it’s a solid 12” now!

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have 27-9-12 in front an 27-11-12 in back on mega mayhems ITPs
You’ll be fine with the 27’s and HD springs. The steeper angle due to a lift is more of an axle breaker than putting on larger tires. The springs will give you a bit of a lift but compress with your weight on it bringing it back to factory angles. The Mayhem’s are also fairly light, so they won’t place a lot of torsional stress on the axle CV’s.

Having said that, anytime you modify from factory, your chances of breaking something increases. So don’t be surprised if you do mend up breaking an axle or blow out a bearing. It’s part of the game 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea iv bent a few tie rods already it is part of the game 😂 think I’m guna end up just getting HD highlifter springs for front n back a let it rip lol

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
It’s a little stiffer ride, but not in a bad way. Takes the roll out when cornering. I haven’t seen any who’ve installed not like them.
92CEEEF8-0046-49A9-86A9-B713BFB735A3.png

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
I have used highlifter and EPI HD springs on all my machines - never problem due to increased lift.

Reactions: Sprotsman

·
Registered
243 Posts
My rear wheels had so much camber, it looked like something was broke.

Installing EPI HD springs put things back to normal. The ride is firmer than stock but not harsh.

I have no regrets on this purchase

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sweet tea I think that’s the way I. Going to go. Caint wait to get them ordered an put on my machine.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My rear wheels had so much camber, it looked like something was broke.

Installing EPI HD springs put things back to normal. The ride is firmer than stock but not harsh.

I have no regrets on this purchase
Did you install just the rear or front ones to? Think I wanna upgrade all 4 at once an just b done with it

·
Registered
243 Posts
Did you install just the rear or front ones to? Think I wanna upgrade all 4 at once an just b done with it
Front and rear.

You need to remove the fasteners from the from plastics but, you can leave them on the bike. I removed the fuel cap and popped one side of plastic up in the air to remove the strut assembly. A ratcheting wrench worked well.

Once off the bike, just remove the top nut and the spring comes off real easy.

Removing the rear shocks is easier than front. The one by the muffler is tight to access the hardware but nothing too difficult. I had to use a compressor to get the springs off the rear shocks.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts