Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 trailblazer has been bored .20 over and the oil injection is disconected ---- runs great when just warm - but on a long run it will boggggggg & then almost quit -if i feather the gas i can keep it running -it will take short bursts of full throttle will bogggg !!!! Please anyone HELP ???!!!!????

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I take it you are running some type of pre-mix? at least 40to 1. Check to make sure the air filter is clean,make sure you have good fuel flow at the carb.
Also may try leaving the fuel cap loose as the vents on these are known to fail.
Should have a #130 main jet in carb.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the info - I'm not sure of the jet size ill have to look tomorrow ! But i know its stock cause that's what came with the carb rebuild kit - i do know i had to move needle jet up on the (slide ) just so that it would idle off just the carb !!!!! The guy i bought it from had it idling by adjusting the throttle cable - i replaced the throttle cable with a single cable (not that oil pump doube pull cable ) but had to move needle up so it would idle with the electronic conections touching in the throttle box !

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
If you had to raise the needle to get it to idle then your pilot jet or passages are plugged up, or you have an air leak. Cracked carb boot, crank seal, air box not sealed up, etc. I've seen the wrong main jet come in lots of rebuild kits so double check that also when you take the carb apart and clean it all the way. Make sure you remove the mixture screw when cleaning it too. You may have to drill out a brass plug covering the screw on some models if it's not been done already.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for info! I can get it to idle with the needle lower --but the conections in the throttle don't touch (i believe there for overdrive switch) this problem-with bogging just happened last ride - quad ran great prior to my last ride !!! I'm about to go check all fuel lines from tank to carb!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wanted to let u guys know i got it running mint !!!! Replaced all fuel lines and filter and took the screen out of the fuel shut off & put a new plug in !!!!! i am wondering what spark plug everyone is running && how it performs for y'all ????big thanks again for your help !!!! Hopefully one day i gave. give info to help others -i learned alto in 6months with this quad!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts