Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have decided to do a new build .

My 500 is completely dead !!

But I'm going to resurrect it . I have a spare 400l motor laying around and I really miss my 500 4x4 . Frame is a little rust and VIN is gone .

A lot of folks think I'm stupid and say it cannot be done . I explain to them how NOT they say 400 is chain drive . Yes that's true ! But your also belt drove from the motor to the gear case !

So here's what's in store !!

New Build
Polaris sportsman 400l IRS 2stroke
AAEN Exhaust
Snorkels
28" laws/backs
2-6" LED Bars "headlights"
Rad racked w/ 12" LED bar
Cooler rack

I need to know what size hose to run for a 400 2 stroke and what size jets I'm going to need !!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Good Luck...... keep us posted & :postpic:

·
Registered
55 Posts
looks like you will be busy!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Those are the "before the tear down" pics..... :rofl: Looks like tear down has already begun!! :D

Looks like you have your work cut out for you..... but it will be exactly what you make it / want it to be, when it's done!!

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That bike was a built up 500 that something happened to and not a single tech and myself could figure out . Here's a pic ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396981315.939116.jpg

Dodge the father Ram the daughter

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did a little bit of work on her today . ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397088265.182482.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397088295.612209.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397088322.540377.jpg

Got all the 500 electrical unhooked
Took off the front struts and tires .
Cut all of the corroded wires and connections .

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
muffler prob, not the header/ pipe though

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm , well I'm at a cross roads . I am debating just rebuilding the 500 and having it all back . Hmm . Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome !!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anyone know if I have to have a Fuel pump ? Can I just get away from that ? Also do I have to keep the ETC module in the throttle cable ? Or can I do away with that also ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts