Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up my first quad. I grew up on dirt bikes and off road trucks so it comes natural to want more off road toys. I picked up a 07 sportsman 800 a few days ago. Had to drive 3.5 hours to get it. It's a little more beat up than the guy described it but I can do some work on it. Most of the body panels are beat and the seat is broken. Needs a tune up and the front pinion seal is leaking. Also the rear brake pedal is limp so I'm going to see if there is any fluid in it and if not fill it and bleed it and see if it's leaking. I ordered an aftermarket wire harness for the barometer and temp sensor thing cause I was getting a check engine light with 41 and 45 codes. I'm pretty excited about it and look forward to doing some work on it and modifying it to fit my needs.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Welcome from Texas!

Sounds like a modest project, congrats and have fun!!

what part of ca you in? I'm gonna take a road trip this summer starting in sd up thru pch until sf then head east to Stockton (relatives there) then back west to pch up for a while then west to Tahoe and up around to CO. :banana:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds fun. I live in the bay area right now. About 45 min away from San fran. I moved here for my job. Hopefully I'll be back up where I'm from close to Tahoe in about a year or so. Tahoe is awesome. You should float the Truckee river and ride the squaw valley cable car to the top of the mountain.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Welcome the forum