Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished wiring up a new rigid 10" LED light bar onto my front bumper, along with adding blue Polaris made under glow from the new kits they have. I will be replacing the pod light with a rigid 6" LED as well this week! Pics to come..

Curious to see how everything holds up on the trail!

·
Premium Member
10,374 Posts
Rigid makes some great lights. I also installed a 10" rigid flood on my front bumper. It's a must have for the places I ride at night.

Attachments

Reactions: Corbett1973

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just finished wiring up a new rigid 10" LED light bar onto my front bumper, along with adding blue Polaris made under glow from the new kits they have. I will be replacing the pod light with a rigid 6" LED as well this week! Pics to come..

Pictures of where the under glow is installed? I'm loving that idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
334 Posts

I have never understood this...:squint:

·
Registered
815 Posts

Gives a nice light so when you stop from riding you aren't talking in pitch black. Kinda hard to talk with four wheelers running due to needing some light. JMHO...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
334 Posts
Gives a nice light so when you stop from riding you aren't talking in pitch black. Kinda hard to talk with four wheelers running due to needing some light. JMHO...

Seems like they'd be all but useless, being covered in dirt,sand, water, mud, leaves, etc. after the first 5 minutes of riding (though I guess it depends on the terrain).

Reactions: Paul_B

·
Registered
815 Posts

Seems like they'd be all but useless, being covered in dirt,sand, water, mud, leaves, etc. after the first 5 minutes of riding (though I guess it depends on the terrain).
Depends where you put them. My buddy has a sxs and has them higher up and we ride quite a bit of mud and I can still see his. Those leds use almost no power while the machine is off so battery isn't dead when you go to start it back up.

·
Registered
428 Posts
any update on your mount for the High Beam upgrade? you mentioned write up of what you did

·
Registered
204 Posts
I upgraded my front lights with HID kits,
EBAY to the rescue. US $37.99 for 6000k bright white 100W (does 2 lights)
our bikes have 886 bulbs but search for and buy 880 bulb HID kit. Higher Wattage=more $$ but well worth it. Direct fit in original headlight pods.
one thing I did have to do is steal the rubber seal from the original polaris bulb to double up the seal on the HID bulb to make a tight fit. also make sure you plug the +/- from bike plug correct. besides that.... works great. 3x100W

1 - 20 of 36 Posts