Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone as the title says I'm a new member and just picked up a 2010 Sportsman 500 h.o. on a sweet deal! Only has 64 hours and just under 500 miles! I'm looking to do a few mods on it and was wondering if anyone could direct me to a thread (if there is one) with some cheap easy mods? Iv already did the 3 headlight mod and made it 10 times better! Thanks for yalls time!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Welcome to the board. Just click around on the forums or do a quick search, I'm sure you'll find what your looking for. Again, WELCOME !!!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

There isn't a general "thread" per-say. I would recommend using the search to see if other information exists and if it doesn't post your question/request in the proper forum category.

But since you asked what is your goal with the machine? Pure mud and water riding, trail riding, all the above?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum.

There isn't a general "thread" per-say. I would recommend using the search to see if other information exists and if it doesn't post your question/request in the proper forum category.

But since you asked what is your goal with the machine? Pure mud and water riding, trail riding, all the above?
Well I wouldn't so much say all of the above, but more trail riding then any with the occasional mud riding.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Winch if it doesn't have one is first
then A arm guards
then better tires

After that its all about what you need for your type of riding.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Winch if it doesn't have one is first
then A arm guards
then better tires

After that its all about what you need for your type of riding.
That pretty much sums up everything I'm looking to get. What's the bed bang for your buck winch? Iv seen a lot with the viper winch, how's it do? And what tires would you recommend?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I would also recommend a brush guard and as for tires; for mostly trail riding I would say an 8ply radial is going to offer the smoothest ride and not wear out very quick, like the GBC Grim Reapers, Kenda Bearclaw HTR, STI Roctane, pitbull rockers, etc...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts