Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought new a 2019 Sportsman 450 @ 6 months old had a check engine lite come on. I'm unable to get to the diagnostic code screen on the instrument cluster as per owners manual. I had changed Oil and filter prior to this issue. It still runs good. I can clear the lite by multiple pressing of the mode and arrow buttons. But lite comes back on after a while. Dealer wants $150 to inspect it. As now it's not covered under warranty. Any assistance would be appreciated.

·
10,595 Posts
That may be your only option if you can't pull the trouble codes. They can hook it up to a laptop and use the Polaris Digital Wrench software to diagnose the problem.

·
Premium Member
9,773 Posts
How does the manual instruct you to pull the codes??

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm new too, but is it the CEL or the maintenance light? Did you reset your maintenance hours after the oil change?

Sorry if I'm way off base, just a thought as I didn't know this had to be done at first either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the manual says to toggle thru the menu screen and get to the Diagnose screen. Well that doesn't work. can't find that screen and trying many times.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm new too, but is it the CEL or the maintenance light? Did you reset your maintenance hours after the oil change?

Sorry if I'm way off base, just a thought as I didn't know this had to be done at first either.
Hi no it's the CEL I already reset the maintenance lite after changing the Oil.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts