Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new 2013 sportsman 850. Rode two wheelers for a awhile, last accident stoved me up for two days, and sore for two weeks, thought I would try somthing different, Im really having fun, just a little weary about turn overs while Im learning the machine. Love being able to go down steep inclines that would teroize me on the two wheeler, the active decent control on the polaris is awsome.

My first modification will be a winch, I will be looking for good information on what winch to buy, and how to install it.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Just bought a new 2013 sportsman 850. Rode two wheelers for a awhile, last accident stoved me up for two days, and sore for two weeks, thought I would try somthing different, Im really having fun, just a little weary about turn overs while Im learning the machine. Love being able to go down steep inclines that would teroize me on the two wheeler, the active decent control on the polaris is awsome.

My first modification will be a winch, I will be looking for good information on what winch to buy, and how to install it.
Welcome to the world of 4 wheeled happiness :shakehands:

A winch is a wise choice for a first mod :biggthumpup:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes I have driven many 3 and 4 wheel though the years and I just bought my own 13 500HO and got a winch as IMO it is a necessity unless you have someone with you all the time. I take it easy but have the winch just in case. The polaris winch was dead easy to install I would highly recommend.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Start out slow, but realize these machines weigh in the 800lb range so they WILL kill you if they roll over on you. I rolled a Foreman 450ES last fall and it broke my L1, L2 and L3 plus two ribs. I was lucky.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts