Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I just picked up a 2013 sportsman 850 xp le and am looking forward to getting some miles under it! I live in central CT so i will be traveling up north to ride. I use to race atvs when i was in high school and have been atv less for a few years now. This is my first polaris and cant wait to see how it is on the trails. I have been doing the jeep thing for the past 9 years and just sold my project to fund the atv riding. I guess I was needing a change because i am a Chrysler tech and work on cars everyday and having the jeep lost its enjoyment! I have always missed riding and now im back!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Welcome back to atving!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Welcome back! Plenty of places to ride in CT if you ask around. Enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
there is a xc race series with a 4x4 class based out of ct if you ever decide to get back into it.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
WELCOME Jim!!

Meriden here!! Your right no public riding here... Last place I knew was up in Union closer to you. But they stopped it a couple years ago. You will need to find private parcels.

We make a couple trips to Maine every year. We love the Jackman area a d also like the trails around Eagle Lake in extream northern Maine.

Sled racer, myself are a couple guys here that go to Jackman regularly. I'm sure a few others as well. Its known for its sled trails in the winter. But have many many miles on the Canadian border. You can see my videos on uTube is you search my name cwlongshot. I only use this name.

We are heading back up next week for a five day long weekend. We are not staying in Jackman this trip. My other fire d set this trip up and its new trails for us. He has been before and he promices nice views and trails like we are accustomed to in Jackman.

CW

·
Registered
668 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You will like the NH trail systems. Check out State line mudders. We had 25 machines riding together on Sept 8. We rode Tri-State and Pisgah systems. There is a picture of all the machines at the top of SLM facebook page. Get on their email list and you will be notified of all the rides.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
welcome to the forum

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WELCOME Jim!!

Meriden here!! Your right no public riding here... Last place I knew was up in Union closer to you. But they stopped it a couple years ago. You will need to find private parcels.

We make a couple trips to Maine every year. We love the Jackman area a d also like the trails around Eagle Lake in extream northern Maine.

Sled racer, myself are a couple guys here that go to Jackman regularly. I'm sure a few others as well. Its known for its sled trails in the winter. But have many many miles on the Canadian border. You can see my videos on uTube is you search my name cwlongshot. I only use this name.

We are heading back up next week for a five day long weekend. We are not staying in Jackman this trip. My other fire d set this trip up and its new trails for us. He has been before and he promices nice views and trails like we are accustomed to in Jackman.

CW
Hi Cw! I am almost posative we have met? Did you sell me a set of 35's for my now gone wrangler and we wheeled a few times with jonfund when you had your blue MJ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone for the welcomes. I actually got to ride with one of my co-workers off of his grandfathers landlast week I have been in maine on vacation but not with the atv. I was in acadia and bar harbor area would have loved to bring the sportsman!! I love it so far I only put 16 miles on it but it was a blast actually handled great in the rails i was worried it would be to wide but didnt have any issues. it is also way faster then i will ever need for the riding im going to be doing! actually kinda scary how fast it will get up to 50-60 in the trails!
I was hoping to get to NH in a few weeks but looks like it wont happen cause i came home to a vet bill that i wasnt expecting but at least the puppy is ok.
I am hoping to get some riding in this up coming weekend with some co workers again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
there is a xc race series with a 4x4 class based out of ct if you ever decide to get back into it.
I might have to look into that not sure if i want to get back into racing but i guess this would be a lot different then racing at a motocross track... Do you know who puts them on or have any info?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome to the forum :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I might have to look into that not sure if i want to get back into racing but i guess this would be a lot different then racing at a motocross track... Do you know who puts them on or have any info?
neccracing.net

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
WELCOME Jim!!

CW
Hi Cw! I am almost posative we have met? Did you sell me a set of 35's for my now gone wrangler and we wheeled a few times with jonfund when you had your blue MJ?

I remember!! YES!!

I'm no longer a member and sold most of my jeeps... :veryhappy:

CW

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WELCOME Jim!!

CW

I remember!! YES!!

I'm no longer a member and sold most of my jeeps... :veryhappy:

CW
I sold my wrangler over a month ago and honestly havent missed it at all! I havent been a member of jonfund for a while got turn off of that club from some of them the leadership though some of the people were great. I am hoping to go up to maine next year! I watch some of your videos and they look great. Looks like a real blast. I just wish there was places in ct to legally ride!!

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I agree the president was a major tool. I worked very hard to build that club. Nearly all my and other officers hard work was wasted. Buying land was a good step but when the pres started using it as his personal use and put it above other club needs it was a bad thing.

Yes Maine is awesome!

We just returned form Gateway Cabins in Bingham and usually go up
To Jackman and Cedar Ride outfitters. BOTH have allot to offer! BOTH highly recomended!

CW

·
Registered
180 Posts
Welcome back, enjoy the board.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree the president was a major tool. I worked very hard to build that club. Nearly all my and other officers hard work was wasted. Buying land was a good step but when the pres started using it as his personal use and put it above other club needs it was a bad thing.

Yes Maine is awesome!

We just returned form Gateway Cabins in Bingham and usually go up
To Jackman and Cedar Ride outfitters. BOTH have allot to offer! BOTH highly recomended!

CW
I agree with you once the land was bought and he was aways saying how he goes to it all the time and wheels but then says in the club meetings how we cant wheel on it yet it rubbed me the wrong way. i went on a few more runs and was just annoyed at the way things went down. There was no shortage of tools in that club when i didnt re-join!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts