Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have had my polaris for about 4 months now and thought it was about time to join the forum. No making fun of me now for some of the questions I may ask about polaris. I am new to this religion and still coming around the learning curve. I have been breaking (sorry I mean riding) for a few years now. I've been on a cat since 08. Was riding with friends in march and after about an hour of riding I blew out another differential on my cat. My friend had brought 2 of his rides with him that day and said to just load mine up. He told me to just ride his sportsman the rest of the day and he would take the ranger. I would have came out a lot cheaper if I had just went home, because after a day of his 850 I just had to have me one. So now i am the proud owner of a 2013 blue fire sportsman 850 h.o. xp with eps. After I had spent so much time, money, and believe I may have even invented a few new vulgar words to describe something in the english language working on and building the arctic cat that this one was gonna stay stock. O.k. I know it's just a phase most of us go through when we get a new toy. But I have held up pretty well. It's had front and rear bumpers installed, a winch, and some 27" ITP mud lites. In my book that's still stock. But I am starting to get the itch again and I started my goodies list today and started window shopping for stuff. So I have come here to the source of all knowledgeable polaris guru's to get my learn on and see what kinds of set ups people are using and what works and what dosen't before I go buck wild with this one's build up. Until next time, everybody try to keep the shinny side up.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:Med:

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Welcome to the forum :shakehands:

Questions are always welcome here, especially for converts so ask away.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum. I'm your guy if you want a clutch kit. Otherwise, what other mods are you thinking of? What type of riding do you do?
Most of the time riding is going to be in mud and water, with some trail riding thrown in here and there. As far as the mods go I have an out line for now. You know how mud riders are, parts are subject to change until they are bolted on. Even the we still like to change em out every now and then and see if it will make the set up any better. The future holds the radiator relocation, snorkels, not sure if I am going to go stealth or stacks yet. I am planing on going with a SLC 3" + 2.5" rake lift and their arched front a-arms. Not really sure about the axles yet but have been a fan of gorilla axels for the last 5 years. More than likely going with high lifter springs on the front and rear. I want to do some more checking before I say tie rods. I have heard they are prone to bending when put behind big tires on the polaris. Planing on going with a speed werx slip on unit for the exhaust. Tires, wheels, and clutches are going to be on down the road, but planing on 29.5 outlaw 2's on some STI HD3 wheels. I'll more than likely wait and do tires, clutches, air filter, and power commander at the same time. That way I can get in and pull the CVT case and rtv it while everything is pulled apart for the clutches. I am sure there will be other odds and ends put on and changed out before it is all done. But that's the plan for now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts