Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a new 2014 Sportsman 400 H.O. I grew up riding in Western NY but haven't been on a quad in years and decided it was time to get back into it. Unfortunately, I will have to load it into the truck and haul it upstate to ride unless someone has some suggestions on where to ride in Rockland County.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Welcome...last wheeler I rode before buying my 850 two weeks back was a Honda 200 FourTrax back in about 1986. Suffice it to say the 850 is a bit nicer but do have fond memories of 2 strokes and manual gears. That 2wd Honda was literally unstoppable like no other piece of machinery. I use my Floe snowmobile trailer for my bike and man having a nice trailer is such a luxury.

·
Premium Member
10,342 Posts
Welcome aboard. Idk of any places to ride in rc. There might be some state land u can jump on or there prob is some trails along 87 in places. Unfortunately legal spots to ride in NY are slim. Chk out lost trails in pa., its good for a day of riding a couple of times a year. Trailers are good for multiple bikes but when I roll up with my bike in the back of my truck guys say they wish they didn't have to trailer. Do ur self a favor and get a nice ramp(s) set up, the longer the better, the lighter the better.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Welcome!! We ride lewis county/tug hill regularly, miles of open road and county maintained trails.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm n westchester I have the same problem

1 - 10 of 10 Posts