Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2007 Sportsman 500 H.O. EFI

AWD symbol showing in Low gear and Reverse only - do not get AWD symbol in H gear. H gear symbol does not show up at all actually in either 2WD or AWD on Cluster and no AWD symbol when in H gear. Advice?

Why would it work properly in all other gears but H gear? Appreciate any help!
UPDATE - all diagnostics mode readings are normal except OHMS reading in high gear - see pic attached of High Gear reading. All other gears read normal resistance and AWD on/off switch reads normal.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Your gear selector sensor has gone bad it is part number 3233835 it is located on the right side of the transmission and has wires that connect to it, it's a very simple install. I am pretty sure that 4 wheel drive will not work when this sensor is out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Craig! I called local Polaris dealer - they suspected that the Gear Shift Selector may need adjusted and could be slightly off for H gear - what are your thoughts on that?? I like the idea of changing out a $75 sensor vs taking into the shop.

·
Registered
142 Posts
There is no adjustment on the gear selector, there is a notch on the selector and a notch on the tranny case they lineup with each other and noway to open the selector up to adjust it. But if the dealer has a trick up their sleeve then I would love to know about it. Check the pricing online as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK thanks - looks like they might be looking for a couple hours diagnostics fees?!?!

Thanks for your help on this issues - new sensor ordered online.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts