Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm a new member here and I have a '99 Sportsman 500 4x4.
I bought this atv mainly to get back & forth from my truck & tree stand during hunting season, but do occasionally trail ride at Uwharrie National Forest & my family's properties.

When I bought it, there were a few issues with it (4x4 system didn't work, speedo was broken & the battery was shot). I've charged the battery & it seems to be working fine now. I also grounded the 4x4 hubs so it doesn't use the speedo to operate & that's working. The last thing I've noticed on this thing is one of the electrical connectors that plug into the electric start & hi/lo beam module has previously burnt up. I'm going off memory a bit since I'm not looking at it, but there are 2 connectors on that module with 6 wires running to each. I'd like to replace them both while I'm at it, any ideas on where to get just that section of the wiring harness? Or where to buy the pins & housing to rebuild the connectors?

These connectors also supply power to my fan/lights/etc so it'd be nice to have them running correctly. I've parked it since I found this problem, but I'd really like to get it fixed before rifle season comes in and I'm having no luck finding it on my own.

Thanks,
Brandon

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts