Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 570 eps and would like to get a set of Zillas. I can't do a clutch kit or other mods due to the 5 year warranty. From what I've read Zillas run short, so should I go with 26" tires for stock height and could I go 27" with stock clutch? I do want to keep the tires under the fenders. Don't want to be covered every time I ride. I wouldn't mind fender flares and go wider but I can't find any. Don't want 25" tires due to tread depth. Any suggestions. Mostly used in mud and trail.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, will the 3 light mod effect the warranty? This is my first Polaris, but it seems A lot of you have problems with warranty claims.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Zillas are a great mud tire & they are light. You might be able to use 27" without a clutch kit.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Check with your dealer on doing mods like a clutch kit. If you put bigger tires on it, don't clutch it for them, then take it out and smoke a belt or gum up your clutches they might not cover that either. Before you even go looking at tires I'd double check scenarios with the dealer.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If their sizes run small I'd think 26" would be close to stock 25". Don't care to raise it any. Stock height is fine. Don't understand why 25" only have 5/8" tread but 26" have 1-1/8" tread. I don't know is why I'm asking, but why do I need clutches if the size ends up being the same? I'm keeping the stockers and will put them back on when it has to go back for service. I will talk to my dealer and get their opinion of the light mod and clutches. I would like to change the clutches if they will let me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would go with the 26 inch. I had 26 inch zillas on the forman that I just sold and they were much bigger compared to the stalkers on the 57 0 I just bought.

I didn't take a measurement before I sold it but when the foreman was next to the 570 in the garage side by side the zillas were noticeably taller and quite a bit wider than the stock tires on the popo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts