Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Glad I found this forum, in need of a little help. Recently left decades of suburban life to live the dream - bought the wife and I a farm. It wasn't long before we saw the value in having a Quad for lots of the chores around here, but things being what they are I couldn't afford a brand new machine. One day I spotted an ad on Craigslist for a Sportsman 500 6x6 which looked perfect for my needs [more of a hauling machine than a racer] and looked to be in pretty good shape. As best I can tell it's a 2002 model [previous and original owner thought it was a 2001] and I'm having a few issues and am learning these things have a few "quirks" to them. Hoping I can get a little advice and many thanks in advance.

·
8,952 Posts
Hello all. Glad I found this forum, in need of a little help. Recently left decades of suburban life to live the dream - bought the wife and I a farm. It wasn't long before we saw the value in having a Quad for lots of the chores around here, but things being what they are I couldn't afford a brand new machine. One day I spotted an ad on Craigslist for a Sportsman 500 6x6 which looked perfect for my needs [more of a hauling machine than a racer] and looked to be in pretty good shape. As best I can tell it's a 2002 model [previous and original owner thought it was a 2001] and I'm having a few issues and am learning these things have a few "quirks" to them. Hoping I can get a little advice and many thanks in advance.
The VIN is stamped in the frame behind the left front wheel. Post it up and that will ID the machine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts