Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all.
I've owned my sportsman 450 for 3 years now, Its a tough little quad and has all the power I need. Its not a speed deamon but on the trails I've left 700's behind and at the bottom of the hill.

Its down and out right now, After a good 40ft tumble I parked it for the winter in the corner of shame. But once I tore into it I was surprised at how little damage was really done. Handle bars, brush guard, and one front rim. Well, and the storage box on the front :)

Anyways, Enough about why I'm here, Look forward to seeing you guys on the forums and finding out some decent mods.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
welcome to the forum

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Hello & Welcome :wave:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Welcome to our addiction. Good luck on the repairs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

the repairs are coming along. Installed the new brush guard last night. It took me a few minutes fighting with the bolts before I realized that the replacement was not threaded.

New bushings on the rear suspension.

Actually there is one thing I could use some help on. The headlights were ripped out somewhere between the 3rd and 5th tumble, or maybe it was the tree....could have been the ditch it landed in....anyways :ponder: (its one tough quad)

I've contacted a few dealerships and I am unable to get the plug for the headlight without ordering the entire electrical harness. I've been to Greggs, Napa, Canadian tire and Ebay and can't find a light plug that doesn't need some modification.

Is there a part number or secret society of polaris parts that I can't find? thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Welcome neighbor to the north! There is a thread or two on here someplace about light plugs. Maybe try a search and see if you turn up anything. I know they have used different types of plugs and bulbs over the years. What year is it?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Welcome to the site!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts