Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just purchased an 06 500 outlaw today and I have a few questions. Firstly the rear wheels have been turned round and it sits really wide just wondered if this is safe to keep them like that????

Also I seem to struggle to keep the thing goin in a straight line I just wondered if it's summat to do with rear wheels being so wide or weather the suspension isn't setup right. For example if I hit any kind of bump on the road it veers of slightly and also if I shut throttle off it will have a little wobble ( nose dive and veer left or right ) . I can control this no problem I just wanna know iif it's the quad or my inexperience on it ??

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've not even checked the rotation. Should the quad go in straight line when hands off handlebars ???

·
Registered
195 Posts
I know there are people here that know more about quads than I.
I just have to say I also had an '06 500 Outlaw and that thing was awesome!
No, it should run straight as a rail and strong.
I loved mine!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm gonna go over it again checking every nut and bolt and swap the wheels back round and see if that makes a difference. At the min if I was going along at 30mph and let go of bars it would veer left quite sharply. I hope I've not bought a lemon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tyres are non directional. I've flipped all wheels round now and it's stable. Straight as an arrow and very wide stance. If I put them correct way with valves facing out them the rear wheels sit right in and front is wider than rear. Don't look right ???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts