Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, everybody,

I figured I'd go ahead and get registered here now that I bought a 2000 Sportsman 335 tonight. It was in good shape (has a cracked headlight housing, but cranks right up and runs good with no smoke), and I'm all ears to hear about how to keep this thing running well.

The handlebar seems to be a little loose - anybody know how to tighten that down better? The guy I bought it from said it had done that all along and he'd had no trouble with it.

Other than that it looks like the speedometer may not be working just right and I need some front brakes.

This is my first 4-wheeler, and it is heavy as lead, for sure... but I look forward to learning a lot from you guys. Thanks for any help in advance!

Barry

Jeremiah 29:11-13; John 3:16

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Hello & Welcome! :wave:

Where exactly are the bars loose.... forwards/backwards, side/side, or when rotating? If when rotating it'll be tie rod ends and if it's the column itself it's the column bushing.

As far as keeping it running well..... just keep good fresh gas and fuel stabilizer (I like SeaFoam) in the fuel tank. Keep it clean and perform the maintenance!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello & Welcome! :wave:

Where exactly are the bars loose.... forwards/backwards, side/side, or when rotating? If when rotating it'll be tie rod ends and if it's the column itself it's the column bushing.

As far as keeping it running well..... just keep good fresh gas and fuel stabilizer (I like SeaFoam) in the fuel tank. Keep it clean and perform the maintenance!!!
Thanks very much for the welcome! The bars are loose side to side. Is that bushing tough to get to? I've got a parts manual but sure would like to have a service manual.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Cracked headlight, loose bars and non functioning speedo. Does it look like it may have been rolled over on the pod?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cracked headlight, loose bars and non functioning speedo. Does it look like it may have been rolled over on the pod?
Not by the guy I bought it from - he said it had always been like that. I asked him today about the speedometer, and he said it was working yesterday when he was riding it. I'll double check and make sure tonight that it works. I was in the dark and the speedometer wasn't lit, and it looked like the hand wasn't moving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts