1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 Polaris rzr trail on my 3rd clutch
Anyone purchasing a new Polaris be sure to always have a backup clutch
I just purchased 2 more so I stop missing out on rides
34.500$ Canadian out the door 1 yr old on my 3rd clutch with the extended 5 yr warranty
Should of got a can- am
Polaris is turning into the new artic-crap
Other then replacing a clutch that is not covered every 6 months great machine
If only they actually covered things on my warranty This review would’ve been different
Good luck

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
12,881 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
From the official Forum greeter, beware of the imitators.

·
Registered
2021 sportsman 850 premium
333 Posts
So.. what is failing on them - is the failure the same every time???
Certain primary clutch failures can cause debris and/or clutch components to be ejected from the clutch housing, posing a potential injury hazard to consumers.

That’s from the recall notice. Sounds like there coming apart. Wouldn’t want to be by the clutch at 7000 rpm

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What’s wearing out on the clutch’s
First
I want to know what the OP failures are with his first (2) clutches since he is on his 3rd now.
1st one they tried saying it got wet the second one t
What’s wearing out on the clutch’s
1st one tried saying it got wet and when I showed them the dribble of mud on the belt exhaust was from washing it they told me probably but nothing they could do
Second one the bushings went on the sides and it gained a 1/4” of sloppy play
Now I purchased 2 to try and stay ahead of it
Nothing like spending enough I could of bought a brand new truck and watching it sit all of June waiting for parts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know guys who bought new can-ams a quad and a side by side they send pics and parts are shipped right to there house
Polaris warranty so far has been a joke
34.500 should’ve got the can-am
Oh well 1 clutch comes Monday my other one for back up so I don’t miss a month is coming Thursday

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know guys who bought new can-ams a quad and a side by side they send pics and parts are shipped right to there house
Polaris warranty so far has been a joke
34.500 should’ve got the can-am
Oh well 1 clutch comes Monday my other one for back up so I don’t miss a month is coming Thursday
Sad you when you go through more clutches then belts

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
12,881 Posts
Any Pictures of the failed clutches?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Weird, I've have had 7 Polaris ATV's and 1 RZR, not once have we had a clutch failure, replaced worn flyweight bushings and sheave/cover bearings but none ever stranded us other than a snap ring came off the secondary on my RZR 1000 XP which was repaired by me when we got back home. I use both 1000 ATV's for snow plowing, been trouble free, tires only.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Weird, I've have had 7 Polaris ATV's and 1 RZR, not once have we had a clutch failure, replaced worn flyweight bushings and sheave/cover bearings but none ever stranded us other than a snap ring came off the secondary on my RZR 1000 XP which was repaired by me when we got back home. I use both 1000 ATV's for snow plowing, been trouble free, tires only.
I’ve personally seen 3 within 3 months of purchase go in for clutch problems only 1 was felt with after lots of complaining and only 7 Kilometres on it yet they still didn’t want to warranty
I have a Polaris tech on video tell me I’m not the only one complaining
Love the bike it’s awesome the warranty they lead you to believe your getting when you pay is far different from when you need to use it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts