1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just checked the polaris website. This is the atv compatibility list. And also many snowmobiles since 2010.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont understand. The compatibility list for the hand guards?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Click on the link. It will bring you to the polaris website and will show you all the models that they will fit also will show you notes.
Polaris Snowmobiles

·
Registered
47 Posts
According to the Polaris Atv site when I use the drop box menus seems to fit all 2014 atvs. But not showing compatible with 2013 and also the mounting hardware is sold separately I realize the link I posted says Polaris snowmobile but it's the best link that shows a complete list. Even on the ATV website it shows the same description as the snowmobile site.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, if it will fit a '14 it certainly will fit a '13. any idea on how much the mounting kit is? I cant find that either.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm not sure about the mounting kit since on the polaris atv website they list this description. DESCRIPTION
The great styling and durable construction of these Handguards make them a great addition to any sled (does not work with Rush tall and extra tall windshields - 2877805 & 2878153). These Black Handguards give a sled a performance look and they offer great protection for hands and controls in all riding conditions. They are for use with low windshields. Mounting is quick and easy. (Mount hardware sold separately 2879380.).
Seems like they just copied the description from the snowmobile site. So not sure if mounting kit # 2879380 is the same for atvs or not. Might be something to confirm with your local dealer.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I believe the gaurds and mounting it is $60-65. I asked when I saw them in the 14' LE they had about a month ago. they are from there Snowmobile line, as said above. go take a look at an LE at a dealer if they aren't too far away, give you an idea on how they mount

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just found these mount part numbers in the "new for 2014 polaris atv website"
Hope this helps with your hand guard mounting needs.

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Thanks. I hope they have the offset mount like Powermadd has, handle bars are full up top!!
You could also use the Acerbis ATV hand guards. I went with these because my handlebars were getting a cramped with stuff. They mount in the bar ends instead of on the bars themselves...

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Thanks. I hope they have the offset mount like Powermadd has, handle bars are full up top!!
You could also use the Acerbis ATV hand guards. I went with these because my handlebars were getting a cramped with stuff. They mount in the bar ends instead of on the bars themselves...

I do not like that style, because I will knock them off riding through the bush. I know Powermadd has an offset mount that clamps lower down on the bars.

·
Registered
422 Posts

I do not like that style, because I will knock them off riding through the bush. I know Powermadd has an offset mount that clamps lower down on the bars.
Damn you must be pretty rough on equipment lol. Cause they are pretty solid

·
Registered
6,824 Posts

The few trails we have left in the area are grown over, very narrow.

·
Registered
422 Posts
The few trails we have left in the area are grown over, very narrow.
Same here. No worries, the Acerbis are stout enough. If ya rip one off, ya definitely have more to worry about than just the guards. I was a bit skeptical myself about them, but I they'll be just fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts