Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first ATV on Saturday, a Polaris Sportsman 500 Pursuit LE. I pulled if off the trailer yesterday and right away realized I had a problem. My rear left wheel has a loud clicking sound that I only seem to hear when driving very slow. I can't see anything visibly wrong, but best I can tell its in the wheel assembly. I plan on taking it back to the dealership to get them to check it out but didnt know if anyone had any insight....

·
Registered
78 Posts
It could be a "ball joint" problem. Do a search on the this forum and you will see that there is some concern about these ball joints.

Jake

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking through the forum the the three reoccuring problems with others are cv joint, axels, and brakes need tightening. But since i only have a half hour (flat ground, no rough riding) on it,is anything other than brakes seem likely? How common is it you get a bad joint off the showroom floor....?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I just read a post a couple days ago from a guy that works at a dealership and he was saying most, if not all the new 500's right out of the crate have the same clicking noise you are hearing. I think he said it was the cv boot, but Polaris is not doing anything about it. I would bring it back to the dealership and hope that Polaris will realize something is wrong and fix it. Good luck, let us know what they say.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I heard the dreaded "clicking sound" coming from the back end of our machine when operating in reverse. I guess that I need to get the machine jacked up and off the ground and check the rear end for excessive play.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dealership says it may be belt chatter, but that if im that concerned about it to bring it in. I think anytime u drop 6k you have a right to be concerned with strange sounds when its supposed to be a brand new atv. Would belt chatter make one particular wheel click....doesnt seem so to me...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts