Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard rumors off a new Scrambler possible 800 or 850. Then all they would need to do is put dual front A-arms gas shocks and 25 inch tires and some real clutches on it and we would have a rocket ship ride. I have checked around and nobody knows anything or they have been unavailable. Has any body here heard any concrete info.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
That sounds like a BEAST if it's true!

·
Registered
441 Posts
they also need to change the rear axle nut configuration they changed in 04 or 05 , i won t be holding my breath on a new scrambo model .......:Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
173 Posts
I would like to see Polaris do the same thing to the scrambler like Can Am did with the Renegade. Have a 500 and 800 or 550 and 850

·
Registered
563 Posts
They do need to make a sport 4x4 to keep up with the Can Am Renegade 800.I would say it's in the making,but it will probably have a different name than Scrambler.Like they did with the Predator,they made upgrades and changed the name to Outlaw.

·
Registered
2 Posts
"They do have some exiting new stuff coming out but I can not say what it is. We will know everything after the dealer show in July"

DDD, this is a post from you from another thread, I have a feeling you know more about this than you're letting on. I would love to see a "Scrambler" 850 w/dual a-arm front suspension and IRS also. Give it a low gear, (relatively) light weight (around 600 lbs), split front and rear brakes, minimal sporty bodywork, and a small space on the rear plastic to tie stuff down. Basically, Polaris' version of a Renegade 800.

·
Registered
369 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They made it look like a kids toy. I would like to know who the hell redesigned that plastic. Polaris if your listening we would like an automatic 4x4 sport quad that as trickier and quicker then anything else on the market. Come on guys step up to the plate and knock it out of the park instead of striking out all the time. The 500 is a great machine but has been around since 97 and all you can do is put some new plastic on it. Listen to what others on this forum have said and then maybe you will have a sweet machine.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I agree DDD,this is a big disappointment IMO.I think they shot themselves in the foot on that new plastic deal.It looks like the Trail Blazer and Trail Boss WTF.If they look the same,they might as well have the same name.Hopefully Polaris is just holding off on a bigger and better sport 4x4 until the economy straightens up a little more so they can sell more of them.If that "is" the case,then who knows when we will see a better one.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have to admit I have a bad habit of liking to go fast as long as the conditions allow. The Sportsman is a great machine but when you push it hard you get tons of front end push and massive amounts of body roll even with gas shocks and struts. Not to mention the ebs that makes the front end dive and locks up the rear so that it wants to wash out from under you. How much better fuel mileage do you think you could get with the ebs removed? Please bring back a new killer scrambler.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I sencond that. I wanna see polaris come out with a srambler to compete with the renegade. So far can am is ruling the market in that sport utilty department with not even a lil competion from anyone. We want the scrambler to jump up to a 850 and please please please change the plastic back or come up with something better. All u ever here about anymore is the renegades and either everyone has one or wants one and just dont have the funding to get but my poorboy self will keep dreaming of a renegade and a scrambler 850!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks good. Would still love to see something similiar to the Can-Am Renegade. The scrambler even with the updates made for the 2010 my wasn't much of an update other than some new plastic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i really dont see why they would...need to start from scratch and get it rite this time...my son 09 scrambler is nothing but junk!!! bought new and he is the only one that has had trouble on the last 5 or 6 rides.
not our first polaris...400 scrambler,500 scrambler,600 sportsman,700 sportsman,90 sportsman,rzr 800,and this fine piece of crap 09 scrambler.
not the first but it is our last polaris purchase.

·
Registered
280 Posts
yeah isn't that spaetzel,,,,,,,,,,,changed the 2010's h.d. hilliards to the breakable centralized hilliard.plastic footrests.12" front rims though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts