Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a lurker, but just registered to ask a question. I'm suffering from paralysis by analysis on my next ATV. I really like the Can Am XMR 650 but really it's based on looks. I don't mud ride, although I do ride through some water on occasion but never above the wheels. Top speed on our roads is 25 at our hunting camp.

So while the 650xmr is nice, it's overkill. I think it has a bunch of problems as well, such as a limited warranty etc.

I sat on the 570. My initial reaction was the gear lever jammed into my right knee. Of course now thinking about it, the lever was all the way back.

Does anyone have a problem with their right knee hitting the level knob in drive?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Nope. The lever is only that far back in park position

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm a lurker, but just registered to ask a question. I'm suffering from paralysis by analysis on my next ATV. I really like the Can Am XMR 650 but really it's based on looks. I don't mud ride, although I do ride through some water on occasion but never above the wheels. Top speed on our roads is 25 at our hunting camp.

So while the 650xmr is nice, it's overkill. I think it has a bunch of problems as well, such as a limited warranty etc.

I sat on the 570. My initial reaction was the gear lever jammed into my right knee. Of course now thinking about it, the lever was all the way back.

Does anyone have a problem with their right knee hitting the level knob in drive?
I have never had any issues like that; Even when I had a passenger, it wasn't an issue esp. if you don't need to back up often.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Not sure but I don't think it has changed from my 2006 and if not, never been a problem, never even thought or heard of the possibility. Good to check everything out you can think of though before taking the plunge.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I never had a problem. All fits very comfortable to me and I'm 6' 2".

·
Registered
815 Posts
I love my 570. I have ridden the can ams and they are overpriced compared to the competition. Polaris is by far the smoothest riding.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The lever was hitting your knee becuase it was maybe in the park position which is way back but when normal riding you will run it in high which is in the front . The gears go..
H
L
N
R
P.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts