Polaris ATV Forum banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Should be able to. Wire it so the switch overrides the relay and turns on the work lamps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What size wire did you all use?

First off I would like to say thank you for figuring this out and sharing it. I’m about to start this project this evening and I can’t decide if I should use 16 gauge or 14 gauge wire. I don’t have the pod apart right now but from what I remember from when I did, I’m thinking 16 gauge wire should be sufficient. So, I’m wondering what others that have done this used for wire size. Thanks.

Bill

·
Registered
1,354 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Where can I find this?
Last pages of the earlier service manuals were wiring diagrams. If you can find a PDF of your service manual you can go to FedEx Office and use Adobe Reader to scale and print the 11x17 or 8.5x11 wiring diagrams on Architectural B 12x18 paper. Much easier to read and you can get a couple copies printed to redline your proposed mods in pencil.

·
Registered
124 Posts
So I have been looking for a wiring diagram online and have been unsuccessful. Outside of buying one, just to see if the wiring is mapped out.

Could I possibly engage my rear light with a relay that opens when I push the reverse override button?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
So I have been looking for a wiring diagram online and have been unsuccessful. Outside of buying one, just to see if the wiring is mapped out.

Could I possibly engage my rear light with a relay that opens when I push the reverse override button?
Ask Latebird in one of the various service manual threads.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
On the 2012 wiring diagram there's a representation of the switch and the resistor pak with the resistance values.
There are two wires that come from the cluster plug to the resistor pak and switch.

I don't have a copy of the 2019 850 manual so I don't know how your machine is setup.

·
Registered
124 Posts
How does the Reverse Override button work? Meaning, when you push it does it energize something, or does it supply a ground to something? Was thinking on using that button to either supply the ground to my reverse light, or energize the relay that turns that light on.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
That button scrolls through the optional information in the speedometer on my 2012.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts