Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm back on a Polaris!
I had an '06 Polaris Outlaw 500 before. Although the bike had some great power (with mods) and an incredible suspension I needed something bigger and with 4WD.
So, I bought an '06 Can Am Outlander Max XT. Now that has some power and room!
However, between the engine being rebuilt, drive shaft blowing up and taking out the fuel tank and fuel pump, two shocks exploding, and numerous warning lots periodically coming on and reducing me to 'dummy mode'...I have decided to sell it in favor of the Scrambler.

I was looking long and hard at a Sportsman XP Touring but realized I barely use the two up seat. And from those that have ridden on the back of my Can Am, I am told it is far from comfortable on 5-6 hour rocky terrain days.

So while Googling Sportsman XP's I came across the Scrambler. I honestly thought it was some radical magazine build!

So, I placed a deposit on a '13 LE model while they install a warn 3.0 winch and some Bighorn tires. I also have fender extensions on order.

I know this will probably not go over well, but I have always thought the Can Am Renegade was the perfect quad. However, the Scrambler seems to have a bit more 'in your face' styling which works just fine for this 43 going on 23 year old!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Congrats. I think after watching vids of both, the Rene is better at jumping higher than the Scrammy, which lands a little heavyish on smaller jumps than the Rene is capable of.

However, the Scrammy rides and handles better and like the Rene now comes in two different sizes Enjoy !

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have one question. I have yet to see one in person. Yes, I ordered it sight unseen. Oh well...
Anyway, anyone out there over 6' riding one? I am 6'4" and like I said, my Outlaw seemed real small for me. The Scrambler looked about the size of a Sportsman or Renegade, which is good!

·
Registered
944 Posts
It is the same size as those two. Much skinnier mid section vs the Rene, which is great !

Did you see it also now comes in a 1000cc ?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. Personally I think 1000cc is overkill. I looked at a new Outty Max 1000 too. But they say the heat is unbearable. My 800 was horrible in the summer. ugh
A 77 hp 850 I am quite sure will suit my trail riding just fine. ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Congrats! I also just bought a Scrambler, but I didn't get the LE.

Here's a pic from mine when I was riding it in the snow the other day.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I do have one question. I have yet to see one in person. Yes, I ordered it sight unseen. Oh well...
Anyway, anyone out there over 6' riding one? I am 6'4" and like I said, my Outlaw seemed real small for me. The Scrambler looked about the size of a Sportsman or Renegade, which is good!
Welcome to Scrammy XP club Eric! I am a "not so slim" 6'5" guy and fit on the scrambler nicely, even with a Cargo Box installed on the back. The seat is perfect even for me, I do suggest you adjust the handlebars for comfort (very easy) then your rocking :rock:

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Welcome back to Polaris :shakehands:

I have no doubts that you'll fit comfortably on it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm 6'6", 230 lbs and went with the Scrambler over the Renegade because the saddle on the Scrambler lets me fully extend without getting my butt hammered by the rear rack! I rotated the handlebars up about 30 degrees, much more comfortable!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts