Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ordered some new wheels and tires for my 850. I went with the 14" STI HD3 narrow 6+1 offset wheels, and 28" bearclaw HTR's. After having HTR for the last 1500 miles in 26", I knew I wanted to get the same tire again, just larger for a little more cushion and being able to run slightly lower pressure than a 26" on a 14" wheel can.

As many have said, the 26" run true to size in height and width. It appears as others have noticed that the 28" run true to size in height, but run about an inch narrower on both sizes, ie. 8" front instead of 9", and 10" rear instead of 11".

Also, my overall width did go from 48" to 50" with these wheels and tires, even with the narrow offset. I see why 4+3 wheels are not at all made for the XP chassis, as they would be another 4" wider overall.

I am glad I have extended fender flares, but I may do a little trimming at the front of the rears to give some more mud room. They don't touch but are a little close.

Anyway here are the pics of old and new.

Album of many more.
http://imgur.com/a/Kec62

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Looks nice with some TIRES under there. Much more aggressive stance with the bigger meats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks Sharp! I have been trying to decided what to go with for rim offset and 26" or 28" tires. I like how yours looks. Are they close to rubbing on just your fender flares or your fenders all together?

Nice looking quad!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I attached another pic showing the clearance between the tire and the fender. They do stick out a little past the standard fender, but not the over fender. I don't think its too close.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,022 Posts
As I have said many times, that is the perfect tire/wheel combination to stick under an 850. Mine never rubbed, so I doubt you will be doing any trimming on yours. Being able to run 4-5 psi makes all the difference in the world in how they ride and perform. Being a bit on the narrow side, they also seem to track, and steer, a little better than the wider tires do.
Great upgrade!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Offthetrail, They look fantastic and mean. Thanks for answering all my questions before and thanks for all the clearance pics, perfect view. My 28 htr's should be here tomorrow. I did end up going with the 5+2 wheels, so looks like I'm gonna have to invest in some fender flares.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Everyone
If anybody can help i will greatly appreciate it.
I have 2003 scrambler 500 and i want to swap rear wheel hubs from stock 4x4 to 4x156,
Does anyone know what other atv hubs would fit directly my?
Please help

·
Registered
177 Posts
Filled that space up. :) Looks a lot better to.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Offthetrail, what are you going to do with your 26 inch set?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Offthetrail, what are you going to do with your 26 inch set?
I'll keep them for a rainy day in case I ever want to go back or sell the machine.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FYI, just to add. I was trying to figure out why these wheels listed at 6+1 still make the ATV +1 inch wider per side than the 6+1.5 stock rear wheels.
The wheels are stamped +30 on the back, which is actually much closer to a 5+2 offset. I emailed STI, and the technician did say that they had been "rounded" to 6+1. The goal was to satisfy the 50" rzr community and give them a wheel that keeps the width under 50". He said there is a chance they fit the sportsman and other applications a little differently. I am actually a hair over 50", and they definitely stick out further than stock.

Here is an image comparing the offsets of the stock rear wheel to the STi HD3 narrow 6+1 wheel. You can see, the new wheels show at 20.7mm further out per wheel, or almost 1".

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hi Everyone
If anybody can help i will greatly appreciate it.
I have 2003 scrambler 500 and i want to swap rear wheel hubs from stock 4x4 to 4x156,
Does anyone know what other atv hubs would fit directly my?
Please help
you may want to start your own post instead of hijacking someone else's. :hijacked:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts