Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Last week I purchased a 2013 Sportsman 550 EFI non-eps. I plan to use this new toy on my trip to Idaho next week for hunting & during the summer @ Bear River Reservoir. I do have a pretty basic question, what is the difference between the 550 & the 550 XP?? I have not been able to find simple differences. I am assuming it is frame & suspension?? Thanks in advance.

David
Lodi, CA

Attachments

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
The is no difference. The 850 is the XP, the 550 is identical to the 850 with the exception it is a 550. The XP label designates Extra Performance, as in the 850 versus the 550. It has become customary to call the 550 an XP because of the shared platform with the 850 XP versus the Sportsman value line. There is no difference in the frame & suspension.

The Official designation for the 550 is the Sportsman 550 and the Sportsman 550 EPS.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you StarRider. That explains why I was getting confused reading this forum. A lot of good information for a first time ATV rider. Thanks again.

David

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
You are going to love your 550 XP. :lol: Take care of it and it will take care of you. Go to You Tube and watch a few videos of ATVs in the mud and water up to the handle bars, so you know how NOT to treat your new machine.

Stay safe and have fun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. Looking forward to a new adventure of playing. I have always had dirt bikes but I believe my wife is more into quads. This year will be a test to see if I am going to buy another for the following year. If not it is still very useful to have when camping.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
274 Posts
There is a difference. The 550 Non EPS has no EPS, Steel wheels, and analog guages. Other then that they are the same.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello,
Last week I purchased a 2013 Sportsman 550 EFI non-eps. I plan to use this new toy on my trip to Idaho next week for hunting & during the summer @ Bear River Reservoir.

David
Lodi, CA
Good luck hunting down there. It should be a good year for us.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Panhandle. We leave on Thursday. First time hunting out of state, looking forward to it. Might actually see what a "Real" buck looks like.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just got my wife a 550 and she loves it! We went out and I was surprised how well she was taking the moto cross track stuff. Awesome bike imo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts