Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First ride out on my new Sportsman 570 EPS and I managed to tear up my front left A arm. Must have hit a large rock. I went to Black Mountain ATV park in Evarts KY. There were lots of rocks. I rode over 100 miles of trails in 3 days.

Anyway, while washing the bike I found the bent A arm. So I decided it was time for an upgrade. I straightened the arm back out and welded some 3/16" check plate to the bottom of the arm. I also made my own axle shields while I was at it. Mine actually cover the bottom CV boot better then the stock ones did.

Check them out.

Bring on the rocks!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Nice. Just hope they're not too beefy and transmit the damage back to the frame/mounting points next time

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice. Just hope they're not too beefy and transmit the damage back to the frame/mounting points next time
If that happens then its time to beef the frame up. I think I will be fine these should deflect rocks away. Now the rocks can not get up inside the arm.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice work on the a-atm guards. Did you take the dimensions off the plastic ones?
Thanks, Yes made a cardboard template off the stock plastic one. The extra little triangle piece on the end I added myself to cover the CV boot better.

Full picture of the bike

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I do like the white!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
not sure I would have welded them to the A-arms, but hope they hold up. If they don't... you're building new skids for the next set of A-arms.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not sure I would have welded them to the A-arms, but hope they hold up. If they don't... you're building new skids for the next set of A-arms.
The whole point of welding them to the A arms was to reinforce the arms. If they dont hold then I need to quit riding so hard...:)

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
Good job. Welds look great - like they were done properly. Nice.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
First ride out on my new Sportsman 570 EPS and I managed to tear up my front left A arm. Must have hit a large rock. I went to Black Mountain ATV park in Evarts KY. There were lots of rocks. I rode over 100 miles of trails in 3 days.

Anyway, while washing the bike I found the bent A arm. So I decided it was time for an upgrade. I straightened the arm back out and welded some 3/16" check plate to the bottom of the arm. I also made my own axle shields while I was at it. Mine actually cover the bottom CV boot better then the stock ones did.

Check them out.

Bring on the rocks!
Nice job. Those welds are top notch

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Nice work. Looks beefy.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Looks great..........I have Ricochet guards on my 550 EPS. I am sure they saved me from a bent arm a few weeks ago. Darn nice fab job!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts