Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, picked up my new sportsman 570,, have been arctic cat for 10 years so this is new to me, my ac 500 was bullet proof and was going for another kick at the cat, found a great deal with the new 570 and was disappointed with the new ac500 base model had no diff lock and was only a 450 not a 500 and priced above the sportsman 570. Not going to torture the poor girl as I did the arctic cat, nothing but green pastures for this one, using it for camp and trail use after the winter is done. Went for a quick 5 mile ride and found that it is a very nice suspension better than my arctic cat off the get go, found it very responsive maybe to much so, I felt it a bit jerky on the throttle, not use to such smoothness, my ac had a tighter feel to the throttle problably because it was carburator not efi. had a odor after I was finished the ride and had a stupid moment, went to investigate at the back of the bike and leaned into the muffler and burnt a hole in my new jacket as seen in the pictures, dooh!! anyway just the exhaust burning off. love my new atv hope to get as many years from her as my arctic cat.

Attachments

·
Registered
454 Posts
Congrats...I might consider a 570 for my second touring if they start allowing EPS as an option like they do on the one up bike. 850 is a bit much for my wife as her first wheeler so 570 eps should fit the bill. Can't wait for the used market to fill up with 570's...have only see two total used ones so far. Welcome to the club. I also checked out the Cats and didn't care for them by comparison.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Welcome to the forum & congrats. When the time comes I'm going to get a 570 touring. Test drove one the other day & the 570 is very smooth.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Congratulations on the new ATV. I noticed the smell from the new exhaust as well. Fortunately, it slowly goes away.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've had my 570 for 3 weeks now. I got price quotes from the two Polaris dealers in town. I noticed that both dealers had one red and about 8 or 10 green ones. I had to have a red one. I figured that I would not see very many red ones but on these forums nothing but red!

Go red!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats on the 570 :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks like it was a nice riding coat. That is upsetting when dumb stuff like that happens, speaking from experience. Good luck with your new 570. I love mine !

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Congrats. on the 570.... now at least you have a good excuse to get a nice Polaris jacket!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nice Wheeler and congrats. I like the red. I plan on adding a red one to go with my white 570 touring in the next month or 2. Enjoy the ride. You will get used to the throttle in no time

1 - 9 of 9 Posts