Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
only a 500 huh? still looks like fun and would help calm some nerves of the cautious riders. We'll see what the aftermarket industry brings too it.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, wish it was at least the 570. Looks like they found a replacement for the Fuji 500, wonder how it will perform.

Something I would be interested for my wife for sure.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
It's a Prostar engine so maybe it's detuned 570? The price point is great. $7500. and the storage front and rear is really nice.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
that's a potent 327 than if they are claiming 32 hp. My Hawkeye only has like 17 hp or something tiny like that and it's 295cc or something close to that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Its like a smaller Honda Odyssey! Could you imagine going over a hill and getting the nose of that thing down? I bet it roll like a ball!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Yeah from what I have seen the 570 50" rzrs are tippy as hell. I could just imagine this thing.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
^^ Except you can't really lean....

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ture, but it looks like you might be seated a tad bit lower so it might help with the cg some. really interested but i think im going to wait till next year to see if it gets at least the 570, unless i can test drive one and that 327cc is really making 33hp.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I think this is a home run for Polaris. It gets guys and gals out in the woods that have had physical limitations and older folks that don't wont to spend a arm and leg for a ride. I think they will sell like hot cakes ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
What makes me nervous is (from a reliability standpoint) that is a lot of horsepower for such a small cc engine to pump out.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I am more concerned with the longevity and maintenance costs. 250 MX bikes make 40ish HP but need to be rebuilt( pistons and rings) and much more frequent oil changes

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rpms have a lot to do with it, this thing is hitting 8500 compared to the mid 6k the 500ho. Depends on other factors like stroke, bearing type and size but it could mean more upkeep. Sleds turn 7.5-9k and last thousands of miles but have short strokes, yz250f turns close to 11.5k making 30-40hp and require a fair amount of up keep.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I think this will be a huge hit for Polaris. When my kids are approaching their teenage years, I'd rather put them in one of these than a regular quad. I'd rather them roll it a couple of times while strapped in securely inside a roll cage than have them get thrown, or worse, trapped on top of a regular quad.

I agree, the seat looks a lot lower than normal quads, probably does a lot to help lower the center of gravity.

Good thing my kids are still too young, so I'll have plenty of time to keep my eye on these, see how they hold up. I would be excited to see this Ace model lineup succeed and expand. It might wind up being a niche market, but the old Big Boss is still around after all these years... I expect that this Ace line will be a big hit.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
exactly give it a few years to work the bugs out and expand the line some. i think im going to get my wife a beater atv for now and see how these pan out, i would like one for plowing snow!

·
Registered
301 Posts
I think think the whole concept is stupid to be honest. A powerless 1 seater? I pass

·
Registered
450 Posts
I think think the whole concept is stupid to be honest. A powerless 1 seater? I pass
I wouldn't say powerless... 32hp is slightly below the Yamaha Grizzly 550 (36hp) and Sportsman 500 (34hp), it's right up there with the Honda Rubicon (33hp), more than the Honda Foreman (28hp), and Honda Rancher (26hp). People buy plenty of all those quads...

Horsepower Ratings Source, HighLifter

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
32 is plenty of power. and can get you zipping along on a trail really well. Just ask my 17 HP Hawkeye. I've got no complaints about the speeds I can get with it. granted it's a lot less weight dry, but it's also a lot less HP almost 1/2 as much. Is this going to be a 800+CC rocket ship? no, but honestly, I wouldn't want that on such a short wheel base.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts