Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else get this email? I own a 2014 570 Sportsman and knew it was a matter or time before they are recalled as well.

Dear Polaris Sportsman owner,

Our records indicate that you are the owner of a Polaris Sportsman vehicle affected by Safety Recall A-17-04, which was announced on July 19, 2017. A letter will arrive at your address by postal mail that provides more information about the update and what you should do next.

Please contact your dealer to schedule a service appointment or complete a transfer of ownership if you no longer own the vehicle. Your local Polaris dealer can be found on our Dealer Locator page.

While your dealer is in the best position to answer your questions, you can also call our Customer Service department at 1-800-POLARIS (1-800-765-2747) to speak with a representative.

Sincerely,

Polaris Off-Road Vehicles

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'll look for one in the mail myself. Wonder if it's about the heat?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Got it too.. i called and the rep told me its the gas tank vent tube.. i assume it'll relieve the pressure that builds in the tank sometimes and causes the gas smell some owners have reported.. no big deal but im glad they're dwaling with it.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
are both your atv's 2014 models years ? . I was just at the dealer as warranties are ending after this month and there was no bulletins or anything for the wife's 2016 570.

·
Registered
259 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Does polaris not do any quality testing at all? They been having a rough couple years!
The only enticing thing about the 570 is the low price otherwise the model have been plagued with poor engenering,fit and finish and overall baffling QC from the start.

IF I was in the market for a value atv the outy L would get my money. 4 year warranty comes with it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I spoke with my dealer the other day about a separate issue and was told about that recall then for my 2014 570. They also told me to check back with them in a couple of weeks because there should be another recall coming out about the excessive heat issue coming from the exhaust.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
are both your atv's 2014 models years ? . I was just at the dealer as warranties are ending after this month and there was no bulletins or anything for the wife's 2016 570.
yes, I have a 2014 as well. Sorry for the delay in getting back, I've been busy with work lately and trying to salmon fish when I get a spare minute or two. That being said, I just got home from dropping mine off at the dealership as they called last Wednesday to schedule a time for the repairs. Good thing I did not draw any early hunting tags as I would probably be SOL with it in the shop. Good thing I have a Ranger as well, but we let the kids or friends ride the 570 when we go out like that.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does polaris not do any quality testing at all? They been having a rough couple years!
The only enticing thing about the 570 is the low price otherwise the model have been plagued with poor engenering,fit and finish and overall baffling QC from the start.

IF I was in the market for a value atv the outy L would get my money. 4 year warranty comes with it.
I have to agree with you now. I really wanted the CanAm, but stayed away as my hunting buddy's 650 stays in the shop. He finally upgraded to a UTV after back surgery, so the 650 is up for sale now. I think I could get the Outlander 500L when I was looking within $800 of what I got the Polaris 570 for. I don't regret buying the 570 though, as I have never had a problem.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I spoke with my dealer the other day about a separate issue and was told about that recall then for my 2014 570. They also told me to check back with them in a couple of weeks because there should be another recall coming out about the excessive heat issue coming from the exhaust.
Any more word on this? I just took mine in for the vent tube recall less than an hour ago, and nothing was said to me about it. This summer was the first time we noticed excess heat coming off the wheeler while riding it. The last two seasons it was never noticeable.

·
Registered
138 Posts
While this may be the official recall, this was a dealer service bulletin within the first year. When I told them about the gas smell, they reworked the vent line per the service bulletin. I think most of the 2014 owners probably already had theirs fixed.

If they come out with some additional heat fixes, I'd be interested in that upgrade.

I think part of the reason they starting doing away with the Radiator side covers on the later models, is to diffuse some of the fan heat out the side. Personally, I like having the side covers to protect from side or reverse motion Radiator punctures. For more information on the side covers see:

http://www.polarisatvforums.com/for...de-covers.html?highlight=radiator+side+covers

Let's Ride!!! :beer:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
While this may be the official recall, this was a dealer service bulletin within the first year. When I told them about the gas smell, they reworked the vent line per the service bulletin. I think most of the 2014 owners probably already had theirs fixed.

If they come out with some additional heat fixes, I'd be interested in that upgrade.

I think part of the reason they starting doing away with the Radiator side covers on the later models, is to diffuse some of the fan heat out the side. Personally, I like having the side covers to protect from side or reverse motion Radiator punctures. For more information on the side covers see:

http://www.polarisatvforums.com/for...de-covers.html?highlight=radiator+side+covers

Let's Ride!!! :beer:
They added a fuel tank heat shield to the 2017's, so I ordered one and added it to mine & no more fuel bubbling in the vent line or smell of fuel. Definitely worth the money to me.
It's #25 in the link if you're interested in it.
2017 Polaris SPORTSMAN 570 EFI (A17SEA57A1/7/8/9/L7/L8/E57A1/7/9/F57A4) Engine, Exhaust A17sea57a1/7/9/L7/L8/E57a1/7/9/F57a4 | Babbitts Polaris Partshouse

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
6,998 Posts
Send me your vin# and I can look it up

1 - 19 of 19 Posts