Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im new here and new to polaris, i just picked up a new 2012 sportsman 800 efi and battery is bad in it but it also wont jump start a loud click just happens, the polaris dealer i got it from said they can get it goin for me next week, but lacking patience when a new machine is in the garage

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Did it start and run at the dealership? I know it's hard to let a new toy sit in the garage, but I think I'd let the dealership fix the problem. They should stand behind their sales. Sounds like the battery maybe shorted out and interfering with your attempts to jump it. If they replace the battery for you, see if they will check the charging system also. At the shop I work out, I've seen a number of combination bad battery/alternator problems.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Sounds like at some point, someone (Dealer) left the key on and boiled the battery causing it to short out at the bottom. Who knows, they could have swapped the battery from something else? You would have to take the battery out of the circuit to jump it. I also agree, let the dealer handle it and get it documented in case you find other problems. At the very least, they should supply you with a new battery and repair anything else damaged.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts