Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a buddy have been testing this new tire for STI called the Outback and it has finally been released. Its a 6ply bias atv tire that has really impressed us. Tons or traction, great on hard pack and in mud. And it gives you a precise feel with steering. We tested these on a 07 Sprortsman X2 with 12 inch rims. It will be available for 14 inch rims soon. Any questions just ask.

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They do great in the soupy mud. They clean out really well without a lot of tire speed. And they dig like you wouldn't believe. They ride a lot smoother and turn better than my Roctanes. I had to put them on a friends 07 Sportsman 500 X2 because they didn't produce the Outback for 14 inch wheels yet. But their coming and I look forward to running them on my 550 XP.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Interesting??:hmmm: But absolutely no mention on STI website of a newly released tire.

Think this is a commercial thread. :rotflmao:

biz
:boggled:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting??:hmmm: But absolutely no mention on STI website of a newly released tire.

biz
If you followed them on Facebook you would of seen their post about them. I've been testing them for 2 months and they are going to be very popular. Great price and performance! And STI's customer service is second to none.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
They look lole a zilla and a mudlite had a baby.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are they radial and dot approved like the other new STI products?
My test tires were bias ply. I`ll let you know about the DOT approval.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is the latest info on these tires that I just received from STI.

25inch and 26inch sizes are now available for 12 inch rims.

They are 6 ply bias and lightweight but with a strong carcass.

No plans for DOT testing at this time. (unlike the Roctane which is)

Additional sizes 27/28/30 due late September.

That's what I found out today. I was also told this tire will be added to their website tomorrow.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Guilty party present..... I've been testing these since June (I'm the one in the pics)
As for the tires, they're awesome. I dont have power steering but with these tires it feels like I do, they grip EVERYTHING. I tested them on rocks, mud, washouts, hardpack, etc.
I see alot of people around the web asking about these tires in mud, well I parked my ride in a deep, very soft coal mud, complete stop (no momentum) and they pulled right out, and almost instantly had clean lugs.
They crawl great, never let me down or stuck having to back out (unless I was on a path to roll)
As for wear, after hundreds of miles I barely notice a difference.

BTW, biz4two, This is NOT a commercial thread..... I am/have been testing these tires in real life trail riding.

Any questions about these tires, feel free to ask.

·
Registered
18 Posts

biz
If you followed them on Facebook you would of seen their post about them. I've been testing them for 2 months and they are going to be very popular. Great price and performance! And STI's customer service is second to none.
I have been trying to get in touch with the customer service for STI but can't seem to find the direct number. Do you happen to have it? Also curious as to the warranty on the STI rims if they will replace them like ITP if damaged......no questions asked?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

biz
I have been trying to get in touch with the customer service for STI but can't seem to find the direct number. Do you happen to have it? Also curious as to the warranty on the STI rims if they will replace them like ITP if damaged......no questions asked?
Here is the page to use to contact them. Their rims are covered same as ITP. I have experience with their 12 inch HD-1 rims and their 14 inch HD-2 rims and have to say they are a quality product and I have not had any issues with them.

How to Contact STI Tire & Wheel

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Rubi,

I think you convinced me to go STI. I will be ordering a set of 12" Hd2se black with 26" black diamond XTRs.
No problem. That's going to be a nice combo!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Latest add for the new Outback.

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So this is the best ATV tire ever made...? :)
Nope, its a good all round tire. But it would be better if it was a radial. :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The new 27 inch Outbacks for 14 inch rims will be showing up at my house this week. So if anyone wants to know any info about them before their mounted let me know. I was told they will be available to the public in late December. I give you guys my honest opinion of them once I start putting them threw the paces. Kinda not digging the bias ply but we`ll see how they are.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts