Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to go mudding tonight and tomorrow.. plz help asap if you had this issue..

I have a 2011 Sportsman 850 xp Touring with only 260 miles and last weekend I busted both the stock cv's and ordered 2 new front Rhino axles from SuperAtv. Omg super Fast Shipping..!

My stock axles came with 2 axle retainer washers and the Rhino's came with 1 washer. While installing the new Rhino axle with the 1 retainer washer in the right direction, I torqued the axle nut to 80 ft. lbs. and noticed that the brake disc wasn't spinning as I was torquing the retainer nut.

Once I loosened the retainer nut the axle started to spin roughly by hand and noticed that the cv housing appears to be to big for the spindle which caused the black paint to rub off the cv housing.

I don't want to install the other axle and have the same issue.

Whats going on here..?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The cv housing is so much bigger then stock.. And the overall axle seems to be longer then stock. Someone had to have this issue. Come on guys someone must have an answer to this issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
The larger diameter is part of the design that allows it to operate at larger angles without binding.

As for length.... they look the same in the picture. I'd try them before I got worried, unless they physically will not fit!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The larger diameter is part of the design that allows it to operate at larger angles without binding.

As for length.... they look the same in the picture. I'd try them before I got worried, unless they physically will not fit!
There a tad bit longer but not not by much.. With the front of the atv jacked up without tires, my stock axle spins freely and I can't turn the Rhino by hand at all even with the tire on until I completely loosen the axle nut and I still saw paint falling off the cv cup.

Something isn't right.. This really sux..!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called Super Atv today and they said the 2011 Sportsman 850 xp and the Sportsman 850 xp x2 have different part numbers. And they don't make an axle for my model or a cv kit. There going to give me a RA to return for a full refund. I hope I can get hd axle for my atv if not I guess I'll try to find a hd cv repair kit for my stock axles.

Anybody have aftermarket hd axles for there 2011 Sportsman 850 x2 (touring)..? if so, what brand name did you go with. Any info would be great.. Thx

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
My Turner axles are even bigger, I used a die grinder with an aluminum bit to open up the spindles and I also run a big washer on the axle before it enters the spindle to add a bit of space.
Its easy to do, the bit will take off a lot if your not careful.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Turner axles are even bigger, I used a die grinder with an aluminum bit to open up the spindles and I also run a big washer on the axle before it enters the spindle to add a bit of space.
Its easy to do, the bit will take off a lot if your not careful.
Thats not a bad idea considering all id need to do is grind those 4 raised edges down a little to make room.

I went ahead and ordered those DHT's from HL this morning. They said they'll fit with no issues. They have a good warranty offer too. Hopefully I'll have some good luck with them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Keep us updated on the HL axles.

Can you return the Rhinos?
Super ATV said they dont have a Rhino or carry any front axles or cv's that will fit my 2011 Sportsman 850 xp touring.

Ill keep updated on the HL DHT's..

Btw.. I asked HL about there Pro Series (Gorilla) axles and said they don't offer them anymore.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you High Lifter..! Those front DHT's fit perfect. Trouble free installation. I have 2 hrs of extreme riding with no issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts