Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice on tires for my o6 800, i wanna keep the stock size but i dont like the price of the polaris pxt tire. its a good all round tire just to much money for a stock tire (115 $ dealer price). i do some muddin and trail riding so its goota be good at both and puncture restistant. lot of sticks and rocks in northren wisconsin
I got Itp xtr 27s on the 850, love em just dont want to spend more than 80 $ a tire on this fourwheeler. to many toys not enough$ :1zhelp:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Chopper.. I just did a ton of research looking for tires for my machine. So many choices. My riding is going to be un-maintained trails, rocks , mud general varity. After tons of reading reviews and recommendations I decided on the Maxxis Big Horn. I just ordered 4 of them this morning. I placed my order at http://www.bikebandit.com/
They had the best price i could find. Even with paying for shipping (7.95 ) they were the cheapest. The big horn has all great reviews and is suppose to be very durable, which was high on my list of requirements. As much as I tried I could not find a bad review. The only negative thing about them that I could find was that if you were doing like straight mudding they are not recommended for that.. Good Luck. Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
667 Posts
maxxis mud bugs but i do not think you will find for $80.
sti mud trax or gbc dirt devil.
you can get both of these shipped for $300 at atvoutfitters.net,great guys to deal with.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info guys its like you said atp mike there so choices, and I didnt want to buy a set of tires and be pissed because they werent what i expected I will look at maxxis. and thanks for the links.

·
Registered
667 Posts
i love my bighorns for trails, it may be the best trail tire out there,smooth ride,tough and they last a long time. BUT go around the mud holes with the horns, i put the zillas on for mud times of year like now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts