Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I was wondering if I can put a set of tires and wheel on a polaris 800 Touring of Silverback 30" without any liftkit?? Comments are welcomed..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
No, they will not fit on the touring without lift.

·
Super Moderator
7,049 Posts
Absolutely will not fit a touring model without a lift kit. They will fit a regular 800 with minor rubbing.
Are you guys sure about this? He does not have an XP and my 800 X2 had a ton of room for big rear tires, and I believe the Touring is the same. Way more than a regular Sportsman. Just asking the question because I don't know the answer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys for the replies, see the pictures below and let me know what you guys think should I order the lift kit first and then get the tires or there is no need for the lift kit yet..The tires are sitting on my local dealer waiting for me to pick them up but I need to make sure that they will fit before I pay such amount of money.. BTW now that we are talking what will you recommend Silverback or Outlaws 2 ?? I do both mud and water riding...

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi there I was wondering if I can put a set of tires and wheel on a polaris 800 Touring of Silverback 30" without any liftkit?? Comments are welcomed..
Крылья ножовкой подпилить можно.:cowboy:
The wings are too-saw

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Thank you guys for the replies, see the pictures below and let me know what you guys think should I order the lift kit first and then get the tires or there is no need for the lift kit yet..The tires are sitting on my local dealer waiting for me to pick them up but I need to make sure that they will fit before I pay such amount of money.. BTW now that we are talking what will you recommend Silverback or Outlaws 2 ?? I do both mud and water riding...
You are going to need the lift kit to fit those 30" tires. Along with that lift kit you are also going to need to go ahead and get some axles. I recommend gorilla, turner, or highlifter pro series axles. I also recommend that you forget about those silverbacks and go with the outlaws. Silverbacks ride rough and dig down in the mud instead of pulling you forward. In my opinion the outlaw outperforms the silverback in ride quality, longevity, and in the mud. The only time I recommend silverbacks is if you put them on crush locks and mud race with them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you Lost Cause for all your support... and all the questions answered.. I will go ahead and buy the outlaws. I have read a lot about them lately.. do you recommend skinny in the front and wide in the back what sizes do you think will be the best.. Thank you

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I prefer wides in the rear and skinnies in the front. Wide tires are better in the mud because they paddle you forward better than skinnies, which normally dig you down. The skinnies up front will allow you to turn easier than with the wides, and also have less wear on the front end components.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Some people go with the skinnies all the way around because they like the symetrical look, and so that the tires can be rotated because your rears wear quicker than the fronts.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I would deff say to go with the outlaws, thats what I am switching too this week. The silverbacks are very similar to the moto monsters that I just ran and they have very little give when grabbing hard ground or roots. As for the lift everyone has told you correctly that lift is the way to go. Spacers may also bee needed, I know with my 850 I had to get them to avoid rubbing the wheel wells even after a lift.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts