Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for new tires and i think i am going to go with the bighorn 2.0s. I want to go a little bigger than stock but dont want any rubbing. What sizes are you guys running? Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I just put these Maxxis 2.0's on my wifes 550 today...26X9x14 on front and 26X11X14 on the rear..No rubbing and they ride great and look bad ass

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
2.0 tires are a good choice for lots of quads. What size quad are you putting them on? Smaller engines and bigger tires don't always work as good as you might like.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Assuming since the question is in the scrambler xp forum, you have either an 850 or 1000.... Either way you should be good. I'm running the above mentioned size on my 850 with BH 1.0 and no issues ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! And yeah I have the scrambler 850. That size sounds like a winner to me! One last question.... Does it sacrifice speed or acceleration at all?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've only had them on the sand so far and my top speed increased, better traction basically. Never topped out but hit 74 mph before I ran out of flat space. Can't wait to try them on the trails this weekend!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Will 27 itp mud lite xtrs fit with no rubbing

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have no experience with those itp tires, but what I can tell you is that the BH1.0 tires are larger than the stock tires in overall diameter, and I am no where near rubbing anything. Does that help?

·
Premium Member
10,359 Posts
Thanks guys! And yeah I have the scrambler 850. That size sounds like a winner to me! One last question.... Does it sacrifice speed or acceleration at all?
with a monster 850 u can go with either the original bigs or the 2.0's cause u have a ton of power to spin either tire. the 2.0's are slightly lighter due to the decreased tread width. the originals wear a little better and the 2.0's clean out better and will help keep a pony or so. either tire will suit u well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks still deciding because the rims have an offset of 4+5 dont know how that will look anyone have a picture?

·
Registered
11 Posts
4+3 my bad

·
Registered
31 Posts
I guessing you know the stock wheels are only 1" offset to the outside and you already get sprayed with water and mud with the stock fenders. Your width is going to be 2" wider each side 4" total. You may not mind the difference but I stayed with the stock wheels with new tires. The wider tire on my scrambler caught the led headlight and ripped it off. A tradeoff either way. IMO

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the response. Probably just gonna order the rims and tires and just switch them off if needed love the look of the bigger tires!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I just installed 28x9 front and 28x11 rear mega mayhems on wide offset wheels. Only ridden it about 500 yards and played around a bit but there was zero rubbing

1 - 16 of 16 Posts