Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just purchased 28 x 8.5 - 14 EFX Motohavoks for my 2016 Sportsman 1000 XP. The stock front tires are 26 x 8 - 14 and rears are 26 x 11 - 14 (a hell of a lot wider). My new tires are all 8.5 wide. My question is (and I'm pretty sure I already know the answer) is will my new tires fit on my stock rims or do I have to buy new rims?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,773 Posts
Yes, BUT you'll be putting an 8.5" tire on an 8" rear rim. So that only leaves 1/4" over hang on each side of the rim of tire.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a complete newbie when it comes to tires. What exactly will that mean? Wouldn't the fronts be 8inch since their smaller and the rears are 11inch?

·
Registered
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
172 Posts
The rear wheels are 8” wide, 6+2 offset. The fronts are 6” wide 5+1 offset. What he’s saying is that an 8.5”
Wide tire on an 8” wide wheel will not be ideal. The 8” rear was designed for a tire 10 to 11” wide. The 6” wide front wheel 8 to 9.5” wide tire.

·
Registered
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
172 Posts
Yes if you want to run same size tire front and rear. The stock rear 8” will take the 10” wide tire no prob. I don’t know about the 6” wide front wheel taking a 10” wide tire, I’m sure someone here has tried it...we’ll wait for others to answer as this site is a gold mine of info.

·
Premium Member
9,773 Posts
Yeah for an 8.5" rear tire it would be better to go with a 7" wide rim. Best offset for you machine would be 6+1.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts