Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got some new ripsaw tires with itp wheels for my 2014 550 touring. Should I balance them or just try them out first. I don't have a balancer, But I will buy one if I have to. If anyone can help thanks.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Try them 1st.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
ATV tires can take lots of wheel weights to balance....But they do make some beads for the tires you put inside that balance tires...some here say they work good..not sure of the name right now..some one may chime in on them...but seen on hee some that balanced tires had like 14 weights on them...I never balances a tire..I dont think i would feel any difference riding trails...with the bumps...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
beads

ATV tires can take lots of wheel weights to balance....But they do make some beads for the tires you put inside that balance tires...some here say they work good..not sure of the name right now..some one may chime in on them...but seen on hee some that balanced tires had like 14 weights on them...I never balances a tire..I dont think i would feel any difference riding trails...with the bumps...
I bought some of the beads for my motorcycle once, The bag broke in my car thousands of tiny beads. What a pain to clean up.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have never balanced tires and have owned numerous sets with tons of miles.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
unless you're spending a lot of time on the street, there is no point in balancing them. Off road you'll never get to a point where it will be an issue.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
i agree with Thor 100%....unless your state allows road use.....i think with all the various terrain when riding ..you wont be able to know if its a tire not balanced or the terrain shaking your bike...I do balance tires on my street bikes..but riding pavement....

·
Premium Member
12,408 Posts
I would ride them first and then asses. Rips have a history of being a tire that needs balancing. Though ur riding style and/or Conditions may not warrant balancing.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I just got some new ripsaw tires with itp wheels for my 2014 550 touring. Should I balance them or just try them out first. I don't have a balancer, But I will buy one if I have to. If anyone can help thanks.
Those Ripsaws are some heavy tires. Let us know how they work out on your 550.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts